First Attempt at Freehand

Well, other than a few chapter markings on marines and some Eldar runes, I’ve never tried to freehand an entire design before.  Anyway, forum is running an intimidation challenge, so I took the plunge.  I must say, I’m rather pleased with how this turned out.  It’s much better than I had expected it would be and gives me some confidence in trying this on some actual models.

I painted this on a section of clear plastic from a CD case.  Why?  Well, I work woth computers, so I always have spare, slightly damaged CD cases around.  Seconfly, I didn’t want to screw up one of my models with my first attempt.  Thirdly, I have a plan for something to use this for in the future which required it to be painted on a transluscent surface.

Anyway, here’s the model that I based the picture on, from WD 364, two WIP shots and the finished product.


Posted on November 13, 2011, in Blood Guard (Blood Angels). Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: